Updated on: Friday 20 March 2020
The College of Animal Welfare’s highest priority is the well being of our students, staff, visitors and the wider community. In support of Government guidance to help contain the virus, we will be closing the college to students from Sunday 22 March 2020. We will be replacing face-to-face lecturing with live streamed lectures, delivered and recorded by our academic staff. Live streamed lectures may not be on the same day of the week as the day release classes were previously. All students and their employers are being informed and should regularly check the VLE for updates.
We trust that everyone will understand our decision, as well as recognising that there will be trying times is ahead for us all. However, we are committed to supporting our students as best we can during this time. We will keep everyone informed of further developments as this situation progresses.
Coronavirus – Covid -19 Advice
Please keep yourself informed of current, reputable information relating to Coronavirus. Visit the NHS website for full information, including answers to common questions at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/ The Government website also has useful up to date material https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus along with guidance to assist with infection control and prevention https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/wuhan-novel-coronavirus-infection-prevention-and-control
Stopping the spread of germs
- Wash your hands with soap and water often, do this for at least 20 seconds (WHO Guidelines) https://www.who.int/gpsc/clean_hands_protection/en/
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean