We’re delighted to announce all our staff and students can now access free online mental health and wellbeing support through Big White Wall (BWW). This service can be used at any time of the day or night, all year round.
Whether you’re suffering from stress, problems with sleep, feeling low or unable to cope, or simply need someone to talk to, Big White Wall can help you get support, take control and feel better. Most members report feeling better and more able to cope as a result of using the service. What’s more – nearly 90% use Big White Wall outside of 9-5pm.
The service enables members to get things off their chest in a safe, anonymous global community. You can access a library of self-care resources. This includes clinical tests, tips and guided group courses covering a range of topics. Trained professionals are online 24/7 to keep all members safe and provide extra support. BWW can help with adopting useful coping strategies and behaviours to help improve mental health and wellbeing. On Big White Wall, people are totally anonymous to other members, and personal information is kept secure.
The college will not be informed of those who are signed up to Big White Wall or activity on the service unless they are seriously concerned about safety whilst on campus. To join, go to the Big White Wall website and sign up under ‘I’m from a university or college’ using a staff or student e-mail address.
Accessing Big White Wall – Students
- Visit https://www.bigwhitewall.com/
- Click ‘Register’
- Select “I’m from a university or college”
- Enter your college email address (surname in lowercase + your six-digit VLE number + “@caw.ac.uk”). Example: email@example.com If you don’t already have access to this email account, follow next set of instructions (below).
- Log into your email to confirm your registration.
- 6. The Big White Wall website will then walk you through all of its’ features
Log into your Student email and Microsoft Office 365
Microsoft Office 365 is a free service provided by CAW for its’ students. It gives you all the software required for your studies (Word, PowerPoint, etc). It is available as a download or you can work on documents online through any of your devices as well as dedicated apps. Registration is easy, so what are you waiting for?
- Visit https://www.office.com/login/
- Enter your student email address (surname in lowercase + your six-digit VLE number + “@caw.ac.uk”):
- Click ‘Next’
- Then select “Forgotten my password”
This will send an email to your personal email address that you typically use with CAW.
Follow the link contained within this email and set your new password Access your student email by visiting https://www.outlook.com and signing in with your student email.
Check out an overview of the service here:
We hope this provides a valuable service to both our students and our staff. BWW will compliment our College counselling service, who continue to be available via phone, email or video call.